2018 was a busy year for us here at Presca Teamwear and Grn Sportswear Ltd. Here’s just a summary of some of the exciting things we’ve been up to over the past twelve months:
– The start of the year saw our team at Grn Sportswear Ltd develop and launch our teamwear brand – Presca Teamwear. With a focus on high-performance, sustainable and bespoke kit for cycling, swimming, running and triathlon we are uniquely placed in the sportswear market to deliver pro-level teamwear that is also pro-planet!
– April saw us attending the BT Sports Industry Awards where we were in the running for Best Sustainability Initiative with our “Worlds Most Sustainable Skinsuit”. Sadly we didn’t win (this time …) but to be up there punching with the biggest names in sport was a real honour.
– We’re building our “ones to watch” programme – talented youth who will get some support from us which will hopefully see them going on to the pinnacle of their sports. Luke Wilcocks, aka Nuke, is one of our ones to watch and this year came 5th in his age group at the World BMX championships. We’ve lined up some fantastic talent to add to the programme next year.
– We sponsored the Stockton Duathlon and Stockton Cycling Festival, home to this year’s National Circuit Championship. It was fantastic to get up close to the action to watch the very best of the UK’s road cycling talent in action and we were chuffed to award the Best Local Rider jersey to Harry Tanfield, who’s just signed up to World Tour team Katusha-Alpecin. Best of luck Harry!
– We’ve worked with some of Europe’s best fabric mills to test the very latest and highest performing fabrics to incorporate into our new pro-range of kit, launching early 2019.
– We were really proud to have our kit racing at the Ironman World Championships in Kona for the first time, courtesy of our awesome ambassador Gary Laybourne.
There has been so much more this year and it has been fantastic to provide bespoke teamwear for charities, clubs and multinationals. We’ve got some big plans for 2019, which will see us growing our team considerably, and launching a new pro-range of kit to mix it up with the very best in the world on a performance front (and blow them out of the water in terms of sustainability).
Plus … keep an eye out for a huge announcement n the next few weeks!!!