Jade Jones has been training hard in La Manga Club, benefiting from the fantastic training grounds in preparation for the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
After previous successes at the 2012 London and 2016 Rio Paralympics, Jade Jones is going from strength to strength, shown in her Gold medal podium finish at the 2018 Australia Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
Jade Jones has been a Presca Ambassador for 2 seasons now, we are extremely proud to support her successes and be able to support her in Training and competing.
"We’re really proud and pleased to work with Jade and support her on the journey to Tokyo and beyond. Jade’s commitment to her sport and dedication is something we have admired for a long time."
Peter Lillie, Commercial Director, Presca Teamwear.
Jade's typical training week in La Manga
Jade's training notes:
- Mondays are my ‘half’ day off, and so I tend to do my gym session fairly early, then the rest of the day is spent recovering before starting my next big week of training on a Tuesday morning.
- My training is split down into hard threshold efforts, aerobic sessions to help with recovery, technical sessions (particularly in the pool), and speed and strength sessions.
- In the gym, I do a lot of shoulder stability work to keep my shoulders in good health, as I have had a couple of shoulder problems in the past
Jades Favourite recovery snacks and food
- My go-to for breakfast is always porridge, I try to change up the toppings every now and again but my favourites are banana and honey.
- Yoghurt and berries
- One of my favourite treats is homemade banana bread, fresh out the oven.
Jade’s hard training regime has been complemented by the use of our premium Grand Tour Cycling and Triathlon ambassador range. The specific panels for sweat-wicking and increase breathability, making it perfect for the hotter climates.
Jade Jones about Presca kit
‘I have really enjoyed working with Presca for the last two years. The kit is perfect. The fit, the performance, and of course the sustainability of the kit was something that really drew me in at the very beginning. I feel that sustainability is something that we are all becoming more aware of, and I love being involved with a company like Presca that is really spreading the word and educating people to be more aware.’